Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
vtage jr.

ebay seller??

Post by vtage jr. »

does ebay seller from Thailand can be trust?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: ebay seller??

Post by jimmyj »

You have to take it case by case, but I have bought many from Thailand and never had a problem. In fact I just did:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Where are you from?
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I know a couple people who sell tons of vintage to Thailand, so there's some great stuff there. HOWEVER, there's also a quite active Levi's alteration industry based there (ie: fake Big Es) and I believe that I've also seen many vintage (and modern jackets) painted and falsely resold by Thai sellers as authentic period pieces.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

vtage jr.

Post by vtage jr. »

Thank you jimmy,i'm from Malaysia,but now i'm studying abroad..
thank you crazzybubba for your info..
..There is a rumors saying that some of vintage shirt seller from Thailand had travel around the world.They had bought some plain vintage shirt with s or m size and reprint it.One of the shirt that i found is vintage sex pistol filth and furry shirt with screen star label..now i'm doubtful to buy vintage shirt with screen star label through online because i still cannot differentiate the original or reproduction shirt by just looking it without touching the shirt print..guys,can you guide me on that issues?is there any vintage shirt with other tag label had been as reprint shirt?is there any ebay seller that been suspected selling bootleg vintge shirt?

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I think that you've come to the right place. The guys on this forum are pretty good at spotting fakes and I've learned alot from them.

If there's an auction that you're interested in post it in the category "real or repro" and the pros can tell you what they think.

PS: This link may be helpful to you:
http://www.defunkd.com/2009/01/12/can-y ... e-t-shirt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!