Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
Frank

Re: "Item Not Received" HELP!

Post by Frank »

I was pretty shocked myself to actually have someone from eBay come down on the side of a seller. It made my day to finally win one for a change.

Frank

Post by Frank »

I was pretty shocked myself to actually have someone from eBay come down on the side of a seller. It made my day to finally win one for a change.

sazzvintag

Post by sazzvintag »

Its never fun to turn away potential customers, but I would recommend blocking Thailand, Nigeria (duh), and Singapore.
I've had a vintage website for 10 years and those 3 places have presented me with the most attempted fraud purchases.
Sazz Vintage Clothing
http://www.sazzvintage.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Want $5 tshirts? Buy wholesale, baby!

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

There's a lot of good buyers (and a few bad ones) of vintage tees in Thailand and Singapore. I think you'd be throwing away the baby with the bathwater blocking those countries!

sevrocs

Post by sevrocs »

If you can prove that they received the item then you are good, but if you didn't go with delivery confirmation then you lose if they choose to say that they didn't get the item.

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

I just wanted to bump this up as I have gotten a lot of international interest recently. Especially Taiwan, Malaysia, and Thailand. Is it always good to do delivery confirmation when shipping internationally just as a safety measure? I know there's a lot of business to be had over there and I really don't want to turn away any customers, but I also don't want to end up screwed.

Thanks!

Frank

Post by Frank »

I have to block Malaysia and Thailand. There aren't enough seller protections to make it worth the risk. The past 4 items I've sent there have been "lost" in the mail.

oscar

Post by oscar »

Blocking Malaysia? Ouch! If you have anything rayon to sell, sell it to me and I'll send it to them!

Frank

Post by Frank »

So my one guy in Malaysia who didn't receive an item got it after 7 weeks and left positive feedback, luckily. Shipping to these locations under these new rules is just not worth the hassle unless they pay for express shipping.

oscar

Post by oscar »

Yeah, ebay sucks all around. I don't like to use it much. I haven't had a bad experience on etsy yet (knock on wood), and I get a LOT of international customers, ratio wise.