Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
maxvintage

PayPal Hold

Post by maxvintage »

Hi All,

So I'm starting to get quite excited about selling vintage and have been selling more on ebay recently. Then yesterday I get a letter from PayPal stating that all incoming payments will now be put on hold. It burst my happy vintage t-shirt bubble. My ratings are good and I've never had negative feedback. The whole thing leaves me feeling a bit puzzled. I sold a shirt for $50 today and the payment went right through and another for $5 and it's pending. Very confusing. Anyone had experience with this? Should I ship the pending payment order?

Thanks,

Max

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: PayPal Hold

Post by jimmyj »

What's their reason for the hold?
Jimmy J

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

could it be this policy is being enforced in your case: http://www.auctionbytes.com/cab/abn/y08/m02/i08/s03
and
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/show ... old-Policy

I read that ebay has been putting more limitations on new sellers recently, in so far as volume of items for sale, and payments received.

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

Jimmy- I'm not sure, they gave no reason for the hold, just sent me to a page of FAQ's on their site. I've never had a dispute and have always shipped items within 24 hrs.

Hermosa- Thanks for the links. I did a bunch of research and looking around last night. Apparently a lot depends on how new you are, how much you have items selling for, and whether or not you track the shipping on every item. A lot of things said if you have items over $100 and you're a new seller that they do it. I tried calling them and they couldn't really give me much explanation, but oh well. Guess I'll wait it out.

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

Same with me when mine went on hold. They told me that t-shirts were high risk items, which I kind of thought of as odd.

I just made sure to track all packages and shipped items quickly. After about a month or two of that, they released the hold and now I'm paid automatically.

HeavySoul

Post by HeavySoul »

the situation same with me.. I can't listing on ebay.com. they will hold the payment for 21days.. that's why I listing on ebay.co.uk.. the payment received instantly.. i don't know why this happens????