Support for our marketplace which is now defunct.
maxvintage

Inspiration

Post by maxvintage »

Hey All-

I'm already planning on heading out to L.A. for next year's Inspiration.

Was wondering if any other peeps out there were interested in doing a vintage booth dedicated to the t-shirt? I don't have the collection to do a whole booth, but figured if a few of us got together, we could doing something cool.

For more info on past events: http://inspirationla.com/

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Inspiration

Post by jimmyj »

Def. Interested in getting involved somehow....figured once that one rolled around the system would be more than ready to go.

Do you know how much a booth is?
Jimmy J

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

Looks like they were anywhere from $600 to $6k depending on location and size.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I'd be down for a mostly Defunkd sponsored booth for our sellers who want to make an appearance and pitch in a little toward the cost.

Who would be interested in selling there?
Jimmy J

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

I'm down. I'd be happy to pitch in and sell maybe 15-30 shirts.

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

I went to the 2011 show on the second day just to check it out. It's a relatively small space with some amazing stuff on show, but the average price for an item was well over $200. And it cost $25 just to get in the door so its not going to attract your casual flea market crowd or weekend vintage hunters. I skipped the 2012 show.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah - looks like something that would be tough to afford year in and out. But a one time showing might be in the cards.

Is it only once a year?
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

So far it's been annual. The first event in 2010 was at the Santa Monica, California Air Port Hanger and then 2011 & 2012 at the Queen Mary in Long Beach.

Hermosa is right though...not your everyday flea market crowd. Inspiration is more for the serious collector with cash to spend. There were lots of amazing rare vintage t-shirts but the price tags were pretty high. One booth had some of the finest Harley tees you'll ever see from the 70's upwards of a $1000 each.

https://fasinfrankvintage.com/ was there the last 2 years with an all vintage t-shirt booth and seemed to do pretty well though. Their prices were a little more reasonable. I purchased 3 tees from them.
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/