If you're new and want to say hello, do it here.
alcoholiday

Greetings everyone

Post by alcoholiday »

Hiya

Am new to the forum, and I'm glad that this forum exists. Like most people do, I started to buy band shirts in my high school years. Used to buy metal shirts which are all gone now. And I regret it everytime I come across something I used to have on eBay, looking at the price :o
I'll be participating in show-page for now, and learning about the business from all of you :)

One initial question: how does the resizing of t-shirt affect its value?

Thank you

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Greetings everyone

Post by jimmyj »

Yo! and welcome!

Nice additions to SHOW.

Re: resizing. Definitely something you should mention while selling - resizing always means making something smaller/tailored which typically means lowering the value. Some people may not mind a tee that has been altered, so long as it fits others might.
Jimmy J

alcoholiday

Post by alcoholiday »

Thanks JJ! I also have this couple of shirts that kinda confuse me. The tag says TOP (or something, I forgot), and the print says "under license to Brockum". Is it a common case that license owner (specially Brockum) would use other brand shirt for their merch? The print looks legit tho.

Thanks!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Brockum actually always did from what I understand - they used FOTL t-shirts and put their own brand on it. Surprised me when I heard that but they were in licensing, not the manufacturing of tees. I heard that directly form a merch manager.
Jimmy J

alcoholiday

Post by alcoholiday »

Ok, that one's sorted out :) Thanks JJ!