Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
houseofdodd

The Slits - Original shirt

Post by houseofdodd »

Another one.. The Slits .. have never seen an original Slits t-shirt ..
The Slits - Original shirt

Retro

Re: The Slits - Original shirt

Post by Retro »

Hard to tell, some rich chick who throws money around might dig this.

They are associated with stuff that can go for a lot of money punk, the clash, sex pistols, buzzcocks, etc. but it is hard to tell if there are any die hard fans out there based solely on ebay sold listings.

Auction it off if you need the cash, I would do 10 day with this one, make sure it ends on sunday night, this might be unethical to some but with this kind of tee it helps to build up some hype so maybe start the bidding at 0.99 cents with no reserve so it gets a ton of interest and have a close friend bid your 'reserve' price (ie. the least you would be comfortable taking for it) when there is maybe a day left to ensure that you don't get less than that. If no one bids over that price then you can use that as an indicator of how much interest there is in slits memorabilia.

Or do a high price with best offer and see what happens, if you put some buzzwords in your title and wait around awhile, who knows you just might get a bite.

good luck!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I think this one will do well. I'm posting it on our instagram account now - lets see what buzz it generates.

Man, I hate auctions these days though. Auctions just seems like a feeding frenzy for dealers.
Jimmy J

Retro

Post by Retro »

Oh shit ! IG says it is fire.

OP looks like you are in good shape with this one :D