Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
caseystrawberry

Eric Clapton 1979 Tour shirt

Post by caseystrawberry »

Any info on this one? Not sure what to price this at!
Attachments

FiftyFiftyMan

Re: Eric Clapton 1979 Tour shirt

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

The print is cool. However, I believe the rips & holes at the top and at the seams would greatly affect the value. As would size (the larger the better). I'm just not sure of it's rarity and whether it's a parking lot bootleg. Maybe Jimmy can help you there.

caseystrawberry

Post by caseystrawberry »

Thanks for the insight! That makes sense, like comic books in mint condition vs any other condition affecting their worth. I've had the experience of people more likely to purchase when the shirt has more wear rather than less, but maybe that had less to do with worth and morntl do with style. Hopefully Jimmy can give some insight as well. Thanks for the response!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I just sold the attached on eBay - earlier date - small size but better condition for $150 - it sat for a while. I like the design on yours better - and it's double sided. Price it at $299.99 with offers and see how it plays out - might squeeze $200 out of it?
Attachments
eric clapton 1978 slowhand t-shirt
eric clapton 1978 slowhand t-shirt
Jimmy J