Not for Sale! Show off your personal stash of vintage t-shirts here.
advrkl

Stanley Mouse DRUMMER shirt

Post by advrkl »

Back about 1966 I was a Rock drummer. Stanley mouse painted a shirt for me. It was done at a hot rod show in S. Cal. The back shows his classic monster but on mine, he's drumming !!! and the words say "The Mad Drummer. he also painted my name "RAY" on the front. Both sides are signed. I've worn it once or twice. It's been sitting in my closet ever since. What's it worth ? a photo is attached
contact advrl@yahoo.com
Stanley Mouse Drummer shirt
Stanley Mouse Sweatshirt DRUMMER
Stanley Mouse Drummer shirt
Stanley Mouse Sweatshirt DRUMMER
Mouse sweatshirt back small file.jpg (47.03 KiB) Viewed 5076 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Stanley Mouse DRUMMER shirt

Post by jimmyj »

wow, amazing - i would think in the $1000+ range - it depends on whether it was entirely done by freehand - of if the sweatshirt came with a base design on it and he detailed it with color - do you remember? could be that the black portion was pre-screen printed in qtys.

I've only seen a handful of his designs, it could be a more sought after one - or if it's 100% custom and unique, could really be worth a lot.

thanks for sharing, let us know if you post it on eBay.
Jimmy J

advrkl

Post by advrkl »

Hello from Ray, Yes my Stanley Mouse "mad Drummer" shirt was freehand painted right in front of me at a hot rod show back in the 60s. I just told him I was a drummer and it's what he came up with. Stanley Mouse has emailed me twice about the shirt. He thinks it is quite valueable to the right person. YES I want to sell it. Need to get some camera gear for work. 954-421-1167 Coconut creek FL

I also want to sell an official vintage WENDYS uniform shirt. My guess is it's from the 70s.... it is blue and white stripes with a red Wendys logo . Very cool....Great condition... size would be small . Back in the day, We talked a girls out of it right throught the drive in window. Classic

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I heard that Mouse was trying to get a lot of his designs back - for a book - did he ask you for hi res photos?

Mouse shirt sounds like it will fetch a small fortune. Wendy's uniform probably not so much.

How are you going to sell it? eBay is your best option.
Jimmy J