Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
broja

Nike Blue Tag

Post by broja »

Just wondering how come Nike Blue Tags generally go for so much more than other Nike Ts? Is there something particularly special about them? I have this one and wondered what I should list it for? Thanks!

**CASEY**
Attachments
Nike Blue Tag
IMG_4694.2.jpg (324.21 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
Nike Blue Tag
IMG_4693.2.jpg (368.97 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
Nike Blue Tag
IMG_4692.2.jpg (255.09 KiB) Viewed 6821 times
Nike Blue Tag
IMG_4690.2.jpg (396.53 KiB) Viewed 6821 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nike Blue Tag

Post by jimmyj »

From Wickedthreadz:

The Blue Tag (1984-88) This is about the time that Nike took over the shoe industry. With the hiring of the Wieden-Kennedy advertising agency, Nike had already gained a 50% share of the market in the U.S. Dan Wieden is actually credited with coining the phrase ‘Just Do It.’ However, it wasn’t until a man named Jordan was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in 1984 that Nike would strike gold. The new blue tag symbolizes this important era in Nike’s history. There have been some sightings of the tag lingering into the late 80s, but we haven’t seen many past 1988. You will mainly see this tag on major marathon tees and early Jordan products.
Jimmy J

broja

Post by broja »

Thanks Jimmy...I just had someone ask me on Etsy why those cost so much more than other Nikes...I figured someone on here could answer that question a little better than myself...I put it up for $64.99 based on what other people had theirs priced at on there...too much...too little?

**CASEY**

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Seems fair - it's so hard to know exactly which ones really bring in the bigger bucks. But it's usually the Jordan ones that break the $100 mark. Yours might have potential to earn a little more than $65, campy vintage look, basketball tie-in, tie in with Jack Avina - and a huge Nike logo on the back - the only draw back being size. You might try auctioning it - starting at the same price, see what potential it has.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/s ... y_id=29636
Jimmy J

broja

Post by broja »

Thanks for the heads up Jimmy. Unfortunately I'm not selling on eBay anymore. I've been selling on there for years and not until recently I've had soooo many problems with their security department. Therefore I've started an Etsy store and am only selling at set prices. It sucks cuz I really like starting all my auctions at $.99 and seeing what they go for. Any pointers for selling on there...I'm super new to it. Pricing seems to be what gets me. I look at other stores on Etsy and eBay and see if there are any similar shirts up and usually just base my prices on that.

**CASEY**

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Hey! Sorry, never actually gone the Etsy route...but seems to be picking up steam. I think $65 is fair for a set price.
Jimmy J

broja

Post by broja »

Yeah...it hasn't been very busy yet...maybe just because I'm new to it myself and haven't got a following. Has anyone else that sells on there or eBay noticed a drop in sales this month?

**CASEY**