If you're new and want to say hello, do it here.
FiftyFiftyMan

Longtime Collector.....New To Defunkd

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

I'm a longtime collector and online seller. Like many here, I concur that finding good vintage t's is getting harder to come by. Thrift stores near me are full of tacky family reunion t's, used modern retro vintage t's, country and nascar t's (almost unsellable at any price), and collegiate t's (again, mostly unsellable, even new, due to oversupply). Occasionally hits on a good vintage shirt (though sports jerseys, especially basketball or hockey, are surprisingly easier to find, and usually sell great).

I have a lot of 80's and early/mid 90's rock t's which I'll wear if they fit, but keeping them for now. Kind of like letting fine wine age. I see price appreciation on 90's alt bands years from now, as well as some hip/hop items from the era. Right now mostly selling older, not quite vintage shirts/jerseys from the mid 90's to present. A lot of luck with Harley t's lately, but only on large to XXL sizes. Medium and smalls are tough to move. I recently listed 3 like new medium from the 90's for $10/$13BIN and actual shipping only, with no takers. Go figure.

Look forward to learning from and interacting with users here in the future.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Longtime Collector.....New To Defunkd

Post by jimmyj »

Welcome 50 50! Good points....I find those effin NASCAR tees everywhere and im in Canada must be way worse in the u.s. Sadly they will probably have huge value one day. I hope it doesn't happen in my Lifetime.
Jimmy J

RyanB

Re: Longtime Collector.....New To Defunkd

Post by RyanB »

Supposedly there's a vintage boutique in North Carolina that sells old Nascar tees. I live close to Daytona and find them from the early to mid 90's every so often. I thought maybe they'd be worth something at first but I check completed auctions on Ebay, and that doesn't seem to be the case. Some of them are very very early 90's looking with neon colors and what not. I think anything like that will be worth something eventually. Ya know with uh "hipsters." It has everything. Nostalgia, colorful vibrant designs, and irony.