Help build a resource for vintage t-shirt brands by discussing and posting photos of old labels.
RyanB

Andazia

Post by RyanB »

Kinda took a gamble with this one. I didn't think it would actually be vintage but the shirt was neat enough looking (M.C. Escher design). Did some investigation and they're from the 90's. It says the trademark was filed in '92. It says the trademark is cancelled, but it doesn't say when. They're some that have sold on ebay. Don't fetch a whole lot, but oh well.

http://www.trademarkia.com/andazia-74283607.html
Attachments
Andazia
andazia.JPG (63.79 KiB) Viewed 8778 times
Andazia
andazia2.JPG (69.19 KiB) Viewed 8778 times
Andazia
andazia.JPG (59.39 KiB) Viewed 8778 times

mrs_stout

Re: Andazia

Post by mrs_stout »

Hey, Ryan --

VERY cool shirt. I'm a big fan of optical illusion art, particularly Dali's stuff.

Filing date for the Andazia trademark was June 1992 and it was registered in June 1993.

The trademark was cancelled on March 6, 2000.

Keep in mind that registration/cancellation dates don't necessarily mean that the person/company wasn't using the trademark.

As an example, the date of first use (and first use in commerce) for the Andazia trademark was in May 1986.

So while it's probably a good guess that the t-shirt is from the 90s, it's not definitive; could be from the 80s or could be from the early 2000s.

How do I know this stuff? I was an intellectual property legal assistant for about 15 years :D

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I've seen some MC tees go for decent loot in years past $30-50. That's a cool shirt - don't let it go for cheap.

All overs aren't that popular but that might be the exception that proves the rule to an MC fan.

@mrs_stout that's cool! might need your advice some day if we get some overzealous lawyer and artist after the site because they think our t-shirts are new.
Jimmy J

RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Thanks Mrs Stout. You are a handy person to have around here.

mrs_stout

Post by mrs_stout »

Thanks, Ryan. My brother sometimes refers to me as the Miscellaneous Fact Master, which pretty much means I remember all manner o' things for absolutely no reason, but can NEVER remember where I put my car keys. :roll:

So if want to know about the horned toad that shoots blood out out of its eye or how the idioms "don't buy a pig in a poke" and "let the cat out of the bag" are connected, I'm your gal.

If you want to educate yourself on t-shirts, jimmyj (and a couple of others here) will school you. :D

RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Finally listed this on ebay and it's at $26 with 2 days and 11 hours left and 6 watchers.

RyanB

Post by RyanB »

Went for $41. Not bad.

mrs_stout

Post by mrs_stout »

Nice!