Help build a resource for vintage t-shirt brands by discussing and posting photos of old labels.
mattevilspawn

Cobmaster brand?

Post by mattevilspawn »

I'm trying to determine age and origin of a Joan Jett shirt I recently picked up. It has a Cobmaster tag and shows made in Portugal.

Anyone have info on Cobmaster as a producer of rock tees? I searched the web and was only able to find that the company manufactured some backpacks and outdoor items. Pics attached.

Thanks!

Matt Bug
Attachments
Cobmaster tag
Cobmaster tag
Joan Jett Jezebel Tee
Joan Jett Jezebel Tee

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Cobmaster brand?

Post by jimmyj »

Never seen! Has all the hallmarks of being produced in the late 70s - Jezebel was released in 1980 in the UK - likely printed on that year. Have noticed several UK tees that have tags from Portugal. Cobmaster weren't producers of rock tees - just makers of blank tees. Thanks for sharing.
Jimmy J

mattevilspawn

Re: Cobmaster brand?

Post by mattevilspawn »

Wow. Interesting! So it's likely a Euro boot from the "Bad Reputation" era. Neat! You've made my day! Bought it just to wear, but I guess I will try to be at least a little careful and maybe steer clear of mosh pits when I wear it. >:]

Thanks for the info, Jimmy. Love your site. It is a goldmine of info for lovers of vintage. And you are always so helpful!

Have a great weekend, rock'n'roller!

Cheers,
Matt Bug