Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
lord ched

90's Metallica

Post by lord ched »

Found this beaut today- was hoping it was worth major scratch, but alas, hits $35-50 with the sellers (which is totally cool, just not the home run I fantasized). Was never much of a metalhead (though I'm starting to acquire the taste), and remembered "The Unforgiven" being early 90s- but the song was '91 and this is a '94 shirt (Artimonde, made in Syria size L, 21" pit to pit- not bad, as most of the others appear to be XL). Was this a shirt designed in 91 and reprinted three years later or is it new to that year? And is there anything else I should know value-wise about the reprint-happy band from this period?
Attachments
90's Metallica
Photo 2.jpg (124.63 KiB) Viewed 6015 times
90's Metallica
Photo 1.jpg (111.52 KiB) Viewed 6015 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 90's Metallica

Post by jimmyj »

Be careful with a low priced auction listing...I just had a mint GNR/Metallica 90's tour tee go for dirt cheap...even given GNRs current tour - scary.

http://www.defunkd.com/2008/06/15/top-5 ... band-tees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and I see Pushead's signature on it. Include that in the title:

http://www.defunkd.com/2008/10/25/essen ... d-t-shirt/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jimmy J

lord ched

Post by lord ched »

Pretty much everything I get these days (on a very limited basis compared to the olden times) is getting stashed away until May: then I have a big sale and get me some stuff I've been craving. As I recall, that G'N'R'N'MTCA shirt did okay at Christmas, didn't it? I don't want to bother with auctions at this time of year unless it's guaranteed to make me scratch. Pondering the David Lynch Wild at Heart shirt... desperate Lynchians out there... but I'll likely hold onto that, too, until spring.

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

You have a DAVID LYNCH WILD AT HEART t-shirt? The one that says something like "HOTTER THAN A GEORGIA PEACH"? I had that exact same one but it disintegrated in the washing machine :-( would love to get my hands on one again ...

lord ched

Post by lord ched »

You mean this one?

It's an XL, alas- 21 x 29.5 Hanes Beefy-T. But if that's amenable to you, we could work something out...
Attachments
90's Metallica
Photo 3.jpg (65.83 KiB) Viewed 5991 times
90's Metallica
Photo 4.jpg (67.63 KiB) Viewed 5991 times

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

Georgia ASPHALT! The one i had was black. Unfortunately that particular shirt and size always makes me look like one of Alvin & the Chipmunks. Good luck!