Chat about leather, denim, gabardine, corduroy and souvenir here.
cokenner

Jekyll's Hide is Leather

Post by cokenner »

Hey guys! Found this jacket the other day and I just thought it looked pretty cool and was definitely vintage. I'm having a hard time finding info on the brand and it seems it is pretty rare. Any eBay listings I've seen have the label dated 70s and one listing even compared the brands rareness to East West leather.

Anyone have an idea on this label? Thanks in advance!
Attachments
Jekyll's Hide is Leather
Jekyll's Hide is Leather
Jekyll's Hide is Leather

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Jekyll's Hide is Leather

Post by jimmyj »

Beauty! First Ive heard of it. But we've had a rough run with leathers - sitting on a handful that dont sell. They are not the picking no brainer they once were! I think it would need to have the same type of detailing as East West to fetch the big bucks but perhaps the brand has a following and you'll get nibbles one its posted.
Jimmy J

cokenner

Post by cokenner »

I'm usually weary of buying leather due to those reasons as well. Things usually sit in my inventory for over a year... But most do eventually sell. Thanks for your input.

Vaughan

Post by Vaughan »

I recently found a box from Jekyll's Hide and thought I'd check if there were any memories on line. I worked and hung out at the Granite Run Mall in Media Pa. back in the late 70's, early 80's. There was a J.H. there. I figured it was a franchise. (same logo as your jacket tag) I was teen aged. This place had what we would call high end leather goods. Always smelled great in there. All that I could afford in there were wallets and custom belt buckles (many by bergamot brass works) Still own them.
That's all I know about "Jekyll's hide is leather"