Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Sapphire2070

Authentic Red Hot Chili Peppers 1991 Tour T-Shirt

Post by Sapphire2070 »

HI,
I am wanting know if my Red Hot Chili Peppers t-shirt is authentic? I have done numerous searches and can not find another one like it. I have however looked at the tag intensely and do believe it to be a Screen Stars label. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also if it is authentic what would it be worth?
Thanks,
Shawn
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Authentic Red Hot Chili Peppers 1991 Tour T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Definitely real and a screen stars tag. The non tie dye version can go for $50 to 100. Although there also seems to be some repros flooding eBay which can make it s tougher sell. Given yours is more unique I would price it at $150 but with offers - and may end up jumping at any offer over $75.
Jimmy J

Sapphire2070

Post by Sapphire2070 »

Thank you so much for your reply and the info. Greatly appreciated.

Sapphire2070

Post by Sapphire2070 »

Hi Jimmy,
I posted my RHCP T-shirt on ebay to see where it would go; but funny enough a few hours later another one shows up. They are stating the same as I with the exception their tag is different and from what I am understanding from learning about tags this one can't be an original. Can it? Here is the link if you don't mind helping me to understand what the heck. lol...thanks for this sight you offer and all your knowledge. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Red-Hot ... Sw241Yjj5p

Shawn

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah that FOTL is era correct for sure!
Jimmy J