Help build a resource for vintage t-shirt brands by discussing and posting photos of old labels.
hermosavtg

3-D Emblem T-Shirts.

Post by hermosavtg »

I am looking for more info on 3-D Emblem t-shirts. They are as you likely know famous for their 80's Harley t-shirts. However I'm most a fan of their non Harley stuff, and now started collecting it (saving that discussion for a different thread "getting high on your own supply" ). I can't seem get enough of their Fort Worth, Texas brand of Americana badass kitsch. Plus the quality of the screen printing on their 80's shirts is irreproachable.

Anyone have more info on them or their history?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 3-D Emblem T-Shirts.

Post by jimmyj »

and "Truckers Only" are pretty hot...every other 3D design I have had eventually sells to buyer's in Thailand.

I wondered the same thing a while back and asked a friend of mine who is in Texas and has been in the t-shirt business since the 80s and strangely he had never heard the label.
Attachments
3-D Emblem T-Shirts.
3ddevil.JPG (59.8 KiB) Viewed 17794 times
Jimmy J

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

Truckers Only, ESPECIALLY! I'm building up a little collection that i'm posting up for high prices. They are just too dear to me to auction.

This one just sold for $65. Does this shirt glamorize truck stop prostitution? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0199928673" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; For Truckers Only !

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Apparently Avril Lavigne and K-Fed are in to them...is that why they surged recently?
Attachments
3-D Emblem T-Shirts.
avril.jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 17781 times
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

It's K-Fed's star power :P
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

lord ched

Post by lord ched »

What is it about Thailand (it's that whole part of Asia, really) that produces such 3d mania?

azroy

Post by azroy »

i have one 3d emblem. is it fake or original?
you can see more picture at my blog different-class-bundle.blogspot.com/search/label/3D
Last edited by azroy on Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

that's interesting...never stumbled on one of those. could have been they just used the 3D blank, by 1996 (the date of best of the beast) I think they had folded up shop? anyone? check here for full brand history: https://www.defunkd.com/3d-emblem
Jimmy J

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

http://tinyurl.com/32ce5da

Picked this one up recently