Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
hokeypix

Buster Crabbe Pools, Champion blue bar tee - info?

Post by hokeypix »

Can't find another example of this shirt anywhere. Buster Crabbe Pools ringer t-shirt, Champion blue bar tag (does that mean 70s?). The pool company was founded in 1952 - I assume it was an employee-only shirt.

Crabbe btw, was an Olympic champion swimmer and then played Flash Gordon etc. in Hollywood movies.

Appreciate any feedback about value - I have an interested buyer but not sure what to ask. I realize there are Champion collectors, no doubt Crabbe collectors, and certainly "unique/scarce t-shirt" collectors. Thanks!
Attachments

cokenner

Re: Buster Crabbe Pools, Champion blue bar tee - info?

Post by cokenner »

That's pretty cool. I don't think it's a scarce t-shirt, but unique for sure, which I always like. I found a random Godzilla x Dr. Pepper T Shirt from the 80s a while back and it ended up going for $150 on best offer, which is way more than I anticipated, but I priced it high just in case. I would do about the same, $200 and work from there. Just my opinion, as it depends on how quickly you want it to move.