Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Littlecakebaker

Vintage Meat Loaf Baseball U.S. Tour T-Shirt

Post by Littlecakebaker »

Obviously with his recent death, value is going to go up. It’s a very small medium, and it was dead stock bc the logo isn’t totally centered. I don’t plan on selling, I freaking love Meat Loaf.

Curious about the age of the shirt also, it belonged to my mom. Tag is Fantasy brand. Rn 55774? Made in Pakistan.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Vintage Meat Loaf Baseball U.S. Tour T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Cool one! Mint shape. Classic Fantasy Tag Bootleg print.

https://www.defunkd.com/brand/fantasy/

It's possible it's from the late 1970s - the design is trying its hardest to be from Bat out of Hell - which is was 1977.

The RN calculation puts Fantasy as being first registered in 1975, roughly.

I just did a quick run-through of past Meat Loaf tee auctions, and his stuff hasn't really exploded in value since his passing, seems to max out at $100-ish. TBH, as long as I've been selling his tees have never been very valuable. Plus, it's very small. And will shrink a TON more once washed for the first time, these Fantasy tees were the worst for that for some reason, and usually, get misshapen too.

I say frame it and pay homage to Meat Loaf and especially your awesome mom.
Jimmy J

Littlecakebaker

Re: Vintage Meat Loaf Baseball U.S. Tour T-Shirt

Post by Littlecakebaker »

Let me tell you, it is the smallest medium on the planet. I wear an xs-s and it fits me pretty snugly.

I am definitely planning on framing it eventually. I still wear it every now and again, but it’s starting to feel pretty thin in some places. Thanks so much for the reply! This site is fantastic!