Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
zargosh

shoddy construction

Post by zargosh »

here's a shirt that doesn't have enough value to fake, although everything Rush is good in my book [I'm not sure why the photos are showing up sideways, when I uploaded them they are vertical on my end...weird]
shoddy construction
shoddy construction
shoddy construction
The tag is super crisp, so the shirt doesn't seem to have much wear, but the bottom hem is all bunched up. I don't think I've come across that before, is that a normal thing? Is it just because this has been curled up in a ball for 34 years?
shoddy construction
shoddy construction
shoddy construction
And, the collar has this weird kind of bunched up stitching where the right shoulder meets the collar.
shoddy construction
Doesn't seem normal for Hanes. Maybe it was just a lousy day at the plant.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: shoddy construction

Post by jimmyj »

Looks deadstock or maybe a single wash? Definitely normal on the bunching.

As for your images, yeah it's weird, they show up correctly when I click on them.
Jimmy J

zargosh

Re: shoddy construction

Post by zargosh »

Thanks, Jimmy. I appreciate the help. Good to know that all that bunching stuff is normal.

Why are the deadstock/unwashed Hanes tags so crisp? Is it just that the fibers are packed so tightly and then they loosen up as they get washed? Some brands are just soft, whether they're deadstock or not, like Liquid Blue - I think that's probably true of all of the woven tags. I'm gonna take a guess and assume that the Hanes style tag needs to be rigid so that they can screenprint the info on them?