Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
zargosh

curious Giant tag on a curious shirt

Post by zargosh »

This is a weird shirt/tag combo. I'm hoping there's a Beatles/McCartney expert who knows the story behind this.

Some of the photos are still showing up horizontally, even though they're vertical on my end.

I'll start off with the tag. I looked through the Giant tags on the site and I don't think there's a shot of this one, although maybe I missed it.
vintage giant pink women's tag
vintage giant pink women's tag

Now for the shirt. I'm hoping it's Stella McCartney #1 ;)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: curious Giant tag on a curious shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Don't remember ever seeing women's giant tag! Very cool. "Made in the USA" - so maybe late 90s? Interesting it's USA-based but there's still Spanish on it. So maybe it was designed specifically for that market? Could be on the rarer side, but not necessarily going to be everyone's style.

PM tees generally don't do very well. So don't think there's much value, currently. But Paul isn't getting any younger...so I think all that will change eventually.
Jimmy J

zargosh

Re: curious Giant tag on a curious shirt

Post by zargosh »

Thanks, man. Yeah, I bought it more because of the tag than for the McCartney factor! People give him a lot of shit as a bass player, but the Beatles were amazing and a lot of his early solo stuff is great too.

I never noticed that all the '90s Giant tags are all English, that's a cool detail. They were definitely bucking the trend. I saw a bunch of early 2000s with Spanish in the mix, so maybe this shirt dates from around then. Here's one on a Staind shirt from 2001
2001 staind under license to brockum
2001 staind under license to brockum