Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Disembodied

1994 Pink Floyd Brockum Tee Hang Tag

Post by Disembodied »

Hello, recently saw this tee at a good deal but the tag is off putting was hoping to get some insight on if its a rep or not. Thanks!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 1994 Pink Floyd Brockum Tee Hang Tag

Post by jimmyj »

Hmmm that is kind of odd ball!

Brockum did have a Brockum Worldwide tag that was printed in China in the late 90s early 00s I believe. It's something we're looking into more actually. But the initial impression is that they were reissuing their old prints and having them printed in China. So this is not from 1994.

This tag could be the beginning of that movement, before they had the branded tags made. Or, they didn't have a tag for 1 size fits all tees.

Another good question would be when these hangtags started appearing.

I think there's an explanation for this beyond it being fake - because why would a counterfeiter create this tee, on an undesirable size, with a tag that could be considered a red flag - and go through the trouble of acquiring and adding a hangtag?
Jimmy J

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

That is a weird one. I'm with Jimmy, if it was fake it seems like a lot of unnecessary trouble to put that hang tag on and not go for a better sizing. The hang tag is a sticker, isn't it? It looks like it's already partially peeled.

Hey Jimmy, can you post a picture of the China produced Worldwide tag? Does it look the same as the usual mid-90s version or is it something other?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Sure I gotta dig it up. Jury is still out on if it's legit, but it's another one of those...why would a counterfeiter blow their cover by putting MADE IN CHINA on it if they were trying to pass it off as legit?
Jimmy J

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

I'm a little confused as to the Brockum tie-in. When I look up that CA number (20745) on http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/ I get Lux Trading Company. If I look up Brockum, the two CA numbers listed are 15341 and 12280.

Here's a similar one I found on a Floyd shirt, but made in Trinidad & Tobago

zargosh

Post by zargosh »

I think I just found the answer to my own question. I found a whole bunch of shirts with that China tag as the undertag. Here's one from Molson(!)
So I guess Brockum was just using the Lux Trading Co blanks before they got things rolling fully. Weird that they didn't have a Brockum tag sewn in over, maybe that wasn't allowed if they were marketing them in China.