Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
Frank

"Item Not Received" HELP!

Post by Frank »

Yo,
I sent a shirt to Alaska with delivery confirmation. 3 weeks later, the buyer emails me saying that the item did not arrive. Doublechecked the address and everything is correct. How can I protect myself? Am I better off just offering a refund and eating it or do i need to dispute something or wait for the buyer to file a dispute?
I of course can't find any help on Paypal or Ebay. The shirt went to a confirmed address using Paypal of course.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: "Item Not Received" HELP!

Post by jimmyj »

and it shows confirmed as being delivered to that address? if that's the case then you could be covered. although i've heard that even if you're evidence is rock solid ebay will typically always go in favor of the person filing the claim, because they care more about their buyers.

You can just wait until they file and dispute and there's details you can enter. but then of course the buyer is upset at that point.

what i would do is assure the buyer that they will be refunded, buy say, "lets work together on this and get Paypal insurance to pay for it since I also have proof that it was delivered" encourage them to file a paypal claim on the item so you can both file your information and no one loses. That way you avoid them doing it on their your own out of spite and it seems more of a team effort against a corporation rather than him versus you. Then even if they go in his favor...at least he wont be bitter and leave you negative feedback too.
Jimmy J

Frank

Post by Frank »

Thanks, i think this is the way I am going to go (paypal ins claim)

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I'd never refund outright because recovering the funds later can be a hassle. you can look up the postmaster on USPS and file a claim, they'll try to locate the package. Things probably take longer to get to Alaska due to the distance.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

TheMilkMan

Post by TheMilkMan »

Had the same thing happen to me recently. Item shows as delivered on the tracking page but the buyer claimed he did not receive it. Paypal and Ebay sided with me of course but I got negative feedback because the guy was a dumbass. Hope this helps.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

It is very possible a package is said to be delivered and it doesn't arrive. It happened to me not to long ago, bought a shirt from those in Hoboken and Haberdashery guys, and it never showed, but the tracking said it did. I'm out one Marky Mark t-shirt.
Jimmy J

maiden87

Post by maiden87 »

Been done like that to i sent a kiss love gun box set to alaska and it was confirmed it was delivered but buyer insisted he didnt get it.After a dispute he came forth and said he recived it.Made me look like i was ripping guy off when i was really being honest and ebay does kinda doubt ya sometimes when ya dont got alot of feedback.

Frank

Post by Frank »

all's well that ends well- it was delivered to a neighboring igloo

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

I recently sold a shirt to a buyer in the UK. I mailed it international priority mail. Buyer claimed he never received. I called the customer service for the USPS...they told me basically I was SOL. Not only am I out the vintage tee, I had to refund the $100+ to the buyer.

I shipped another international item out today. This time I used registered mail with return receipt. I don't want to stop selling to international buyers, but it really bites having to refund payment an item you no longer have.

Frank

Post by Frank »

I have a case opened against me by a cat in Thailand and another Thai bidder looking for shirts that are probably held in Customs there, so beware.

Is there a cost effective way to prove delivery to International ebayers? Is registered mail with delivery receipt the only way or will adding insurance to every international buyer the only way to go?