Help build a resource for vintage t-shirt brands by discussing and posting photos of old labels.
Tracchia19

Need help finding “BY TOP CONCEPT” tagged Bob Marley shirt

Post by Tracchia19 »

Hello! I’ve come across a Bob Marley & The Wailers - Survival t-shirt. The tag reads “BY TOP CONCEPT”, and it has a small tag under that with just an L on it, but there are no other tags throughout. It’s red with black pinstripes on the front, blue sleeves, a blue back, and is single stitch on the bottom.

I can’t find anything about this brand or this shirt online so I thought maybe someone here could help. I’ll attach some photos. Any info or ideas will help. Thanks y’all!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Need help finding “BY TOP CONCEPT” tagged Bob Marley shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Very cool. My first impression is that it could be of the era. I can't find any other record of that tag.

Maybe a homegrown indie tee company out of Jamaica?

What is the pit-to-pit measurement in inches?
Jimmy J

Tracchia19

Post by Tracchia19 »

I like to hear those ideas haha. I was thinking originally that it might be 90s but I’m leaning more towards 80s after some more research. Just wish I could find more about the brand! The measurements are:
Shoulders = 22.5 inches
Pit to pit = 22 inches
Length = 26.5 inches

Thanks!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah a 22" is likely not 79. But if it's local to Jamaica, who knows what their sizing was like, but from the t-shirt tags I do know are from there it seems to be similar. And it's also a unique shirt, not a standard tee. Anywho, good luck, your best bet is indeed the tag. I own a Beatles tee that took almost a decade to figure out, and this is a similar situation.
Jimmy J