Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Treasures4U2000

Hanes Deadstock I-HOLE tshirts

Post by Treasures4U2000 »

I have a tshirt mystery that I've been trying to solve. I am a thrift store treasure hunter and happened upon 17 of these deadstock vintage tshirts (15 brown and 2 tan) made by Hanes and called "I-HOLE" tshirts. Each shirt has a hole in the front to secure the wearer's ear bud cord. I searched online and there's no record of the website i-hole.com being registered to anyone, there's no patent or copyright information online, and Google image searches come up with nothing. I understand that Hanes used this tag with the steer design from 2000-2010, so that at least gives an approximate date, but other than that I'm at a loss.

Do you have any advice or suggestions?
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Hanes Deadstock I-HOLE tshirts

Post by jimmyj »

Ha very cool novelty t-shirt, to accommodate an Apple product of some sort, iPod, likely.

So I used archive.org and did find a record of the site existing in 2001. But it was made in flash, so I can't see what was on the site.

After the 2001 entry, there are no more records until 2008, so I'm thinking that's the era it was made, given the iPod touch came out in 2007.

The hangtag is unrelated to Hanes, it was added aftermarket by whoever created i-hole.
Jimmy J

Treasures4U2000

Re: Hanes Deadstock I-HOLE tshirts

Post by Treasures4U2000 »

How cool! I didn't realize that you could view archived websites. I wish that I could see that site. Thank you so much for your fabulous research and advice!