Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
kyubi18

1998 Backstreet Boys

Post by kyubi18 »

24x30
Attachments
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys

kyubi18

Re: 1998 Backstreet Boys

Post by kyubi18 »

it kinda feels awfully off. comparing the print with these shows a lot of diff. lots of missing details on the print
Attachments
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
1998 Backstreet Boys
IMG_8554.jpeg (25.6 KiB) Viewed 339 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah, interesting - they all seem off from each other. I think some of this can be explained by the comments made by our screen printing pal:

"Lots of possible explanations. If one has been washed more the colors could have faded. Could have been different ink batches. Less detail could mean printers not caring what they churned out as long as they met their quota. Registration could have been off. Sometimes the dryer temperature affects the colors as they cure. Probably many more reasons. Our printers sometimes couldn't match a print week to week. 😂

It looks like the one you say is faded has a lot more underlay going down. The underlay filling in would contribute to the loss of detail."

I can't imagine someone going through that much trouble for a BB tee. And haven't seen a fake Winterland tag like that, ya know?
Jimmy J

kyubi18

Post by kyubi18 »

jimmyj wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:36 am Yeah, interesting - they all seem off from each other. I think some of this can be explained by the comments made by our screen printing pal:

"Lots of possible explanations. If one has been washed more the colors could have faded. Could have been different ink batches. Less detail could mean printers not caring what they churned out as long as they met their quota. Registration could have been off. Sometimes the dryer temperature affects the colors as they cure. Probably many more reasons. Our printers sometimes couldn't match a print week to week. 😂

It looks like the one you say is faded has a lot more underlay going down. The underlay filling in would contribute to the loss of detail."

I can't imagine someone going through that much trouble for a BB tee. And haven't seen a fake Winterland tag like that, ya know?
I see. so could it mean that this one is good?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I just don't know why someone would go through so much trouble to fake a BSB tee, ya know? Like how much are they actually selling for? It does look like it's a poor-quality print. Unless that's a new fake tag I'm not aware of. I'll dig on it.

Initially, I thought the chest was big for an XL but this one is similar:

https://www.defunkd.com/product/TH13654 ... -shoegaze/
Jimmy J

kyubi18

Post by kyubi18 »

jimmyj wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:15 am I just don't know why someone would go through so much trouble to fake a BSB tee, ya know? Like how much are they actually selling for? It does look like it's a poor-quality print. Unless that's a new fake tag I'm not aware of. I'll dig on it.

Initially, I thought the chest was big for an XL but this one is similar:

https://www.defunkd.com/product/TH13654 ... -shoegaze/
oh. i wasn't aware of it. BSB tee sells at a pretty good price here in our country for some reason. especially if it's a big print rap tee style