Not for Sale! Show off your personal stash of vintage t-shirts here.
nicotine

collection and pick-up today

Post by nicotine »

today after uni, i went to second hand shop and run into this pocket tee.
see this back print. nice graphic isnt it?
one of the joys relating to vintage tee. i tried to look at the history of it and googled who Larry hardy is and what his shop is. but i got no result cluing them and
that telephone number is valid or used by the other now.
this tee tells me that his shop was located in Huntington beach in orange county. plus its appear that his shop dealt with jet ski stuff.
pocket tee is one of the hottest items now in japan. vintage lover is pocket tee lover.
btw my favorite american drama is the OC where i see bunch of celebrities in orange county and happenings with them. Orage county reminds me of rich people, sunshine, beautiful sea and seashore. orange county is the place i really want to visit till i die.
Attachments
201007152306001.jpg (70.63 KiB) Viewed 9461 times
201007152306000.jpg (69.25 KiB) Viewed 9461 times
201007152307000.jpg (75.95 KiB) Viewed 9461 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: collection and pick-up today

Post by jimmyj »

Not sure about Larry, but looks like he owned a jet-ski rental operation from the beach.

Hey speaking of whats hot in Japan...pocket tees...have you heard of the Velva Sheen brand pocket tee?
Jimmy J

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

ahh. informative information. here there are bunch of such rental business.

ummmm....as far as i remember ive never seen it. but velva sheen is one of the oldest tee brand. i guess they produced blank tee including pocket tee. i never heard of its USED pocket tee. however currently theyve manufactured 2piece pocket tee made in USA. one pack is about $100 here. OMG.every current garment made in usa fuckin expensive. its quality must be in top rank of all blank tee today.

sorry im not helping here.

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

2 piece pocket tees? What do those look like?
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

This write-up claims the new Velva Sheen line has taken off in Japan:

valetmag.com/style/products/2010/velva-sheen-slub-cotton-t-shirts-042710.php
Jimmy J

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

that is exactly what i talked about.
and they have 60's-70's velva sheen tag. nice detail.
they are avairable in the states?

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

im showing off my collection. (if you wear them, do you call them your collection?)

this one is nike swoosh logo tee. however it has no tag on it. actually there is no mark nike or other brands' tag were there. it doesnt look nike brand tee. you know, nike launched its business at 1972 and initially its brand name was "blue ribbon sport" afterward it became nike we all know today. it is said that in its early time, nike commissioned its tee production for many other brands(Hanes, sports ware, russel, etc). today you see old nike tees manufactured by them. i guess mine is one of them. what makes it special for me is that its ink-in print plus gray body. i suppose gray color is rare when it comes to nike tee.

in japan, nike tees are really popular, i mean there are bunch of fandom of them, especially its race(marathon) or competition tee, wind mill logo tee, air jordan tee and layered nike logo tee.
Attachments
201007170020001.jpg (93.47 KiB) Viewed 9440 times
201007170020000.jpg (75.15 KiB) Viewed 9440 times

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I love the fade on the Levi's jeans on the left. I used to have a pair of wranglers that looked the same.

Here is something that from my "collection". I'm actually wearing it today. It's super soft and has an 80s Hanes Label.
Attachments
Elvis Tee
Elvis Tee
Tee.JPG (31.2 KiB) Viewed 9436 times
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

thanks its not vintage one just regular one but made in USA.
yeah i love its fade. in my opinion made in usa levi's is best of all( china, mexico, usa, Philippine and Europe etc) in the point of "color fade". the other day, i founf nice pair of levis of course made in USA. its a 501 bigE replica model.

nicotine

Post by nicotine »

nice tee. im not familiar with Elvis unfortunately but everyone does know his name and his songs. and love its graphic. one of the reasons why i love vintage tee is that they tend to have much sophisticated(not sure that expression is correct here) designs than current stuff.