Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Fatandyz

1985 David Lee Roth DAVETV Mtv Shirt

Post by Fatandyz »

Found this at a flea market last weekend. I haven't been able to find anything like it online. I've been singing "I'm just a gigolo" for 4 days now...... ...life goes on without me.

So what's everyone think? Any ideas of it's potential?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 1985 David Lee Roth DAVETV Mtv Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

You're so sad and lonely? I love DLR but his shirts have never done all that well. $20-40? It's cool because it's a more obscure reference and has the MTV tie in.

I used to have a Fabulous Picasso Brothers shirt that's even more obscure DLR...wish I didn't sell it.
Jimmy J

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

maybe a fixed price listing at $50 and accept best offers or do you think I would be better off doing an auction with a modest start price of $15 - $20?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah, I always found that DLR shirts were better as store items to wait for the right buyer instead of risk auctioning them. There's none like yours on eBay now. Wyco just sold one for $75....that's gotta be a record.
Jimmy J

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

Sweet! I'll throw mine up at $75.00 with best offer available. I'll see what happens. Thanks for the advise

Frank

Post by Frank »

I would cram VAN HALEN into the title.

Corey

Post by Corey »

If I found that shirt, I would not go less than $100! That may sound ridiculous, but the Malaysia crowd definitely likes vtg MTV! How many of those shirts exist in the world, really? Looks like it is in pretty decent shape!

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

Had two offers the first day. The highest was $45.00. Also took your advise corey and increased the price to $100 to see what happens.....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0507672723" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Corey

Post by Corey »

I hope it works out for you! I have found that, sometimes, you just have to wait a little to get the best price -especially if you do not need the money immediately. You have something quite rare, so why settle for less?