Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
b_m_p

Anyone sell on etsy?

Post by b_m_p »

I'm thinking I might open an etsy store for the shirts that won't have bidding wars on them, you know- 99% of the stock. Anyone know anything about the success of shirts there?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Anyone sell on etsy?

Post by jimmyj »

Never ventured there myself, but this crew does and seems to do well.

http://www.defunkd.com/2011/02/28/skippy-haha/

Etsy sellers have to take a lot more responsibility for driving traffic to their listings whereas eBay has it built in.

There's a bit of a vintage t-shirt scene on there.
Jimmy J

b_m_p

Post by b_m_p »

Cool, thanks for the link!

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

Never tried etsy, but i did post some items on "Bonanza" (used to be Bonanzle). I never heard a peep from them. :(

DownTown

Post by DownTown »

Just got on etsy myself last week, got a couple questions and maybe about 10-20 views an item but no sale yet. Hoping to slowly build a little market but you have to work at it. There are a couple of people selling a decent amount of items on a daily basis but it does take hard work and promotion.

- Jimmy
http://www.thedowntownman.com

Fatandyz

Post by Fatandyz »

Keep us posted...I'd loved to hear how you do on Etsy. I chat with people on twitter that sell on Etsy, but I've been too skiddish to make the leap

DownTown

Post by DownTown »

I can say I got my first sale yesterday, took 7 days, but the views are coming, the questions are coming. I would say it is not as instant as ebay but I feel most likly in the next 6 months I should hit something.

Only draw back is I will be sitting on inventory but we will see how it goes. I will post again how it is going in maybe 45 days.

-Jimmy
www.thedowntownman.com

b_m_p

Post by b_m_p »

I got on a week ago. I love it. Only three sales, nothing too pricey, but I've only been able to put about 50 items up so far. Lots more views on my "not so special to get ebayers to look at it" items. And the fees are way better than ebay auctions (never had an ebay store, it was such a hassle to set one up). And there's a social networking aspect of it too, which is fun.

DownTown

Post by DownTown »

/\ I 100% agree, so far I got up to 6 sales and have listed 56 items thus far. I sell high-end & vintage on ebay, and my vintage never gets much views so etsy has really helped me find a way to sell a lot of the vintage I find. $ 0.20 for 4 month listings and a litte under 3% if it sells. So far I'm really liking etsy !

Jimmy
www.thedowntownman.com

oscar

Post by oscar »

Downtown- what's your shop called? Mine is Blackmarketpop.
http://www.etsy.com/people/blackmarketpop