Talk about anything here.
maxvintage

Most you've ever spent on a shirt?

Post by maxvintage »

I was outbid on a pretty sweet t on ebay last night and when it was over I couldn't help but wish I'd bid more, a lot more. Got me wondering about the most anyone's ponied up for a shirt? Being relatively new, my largest purchase to date is only about $90, was at $150 for one last night and wish I'd gone to $200.

Any fun breaking the bank stories?

CRAZYBUBBA

Re: Most you've ever spent on a shirt?

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

T-shirt $80, it was a Elvis shirt with a 70s looking tag and print from the '68 comeback special.

However, I've spent more on jackets than I care to admit. I usually have at least two $400+ jackets in my closet at a time. Usually, one WWII leather and one motorcycle jacket.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

wax&thread

Post by wax&thread »

Dropped $700 on a sweatshirt.... that I then placed into a ziplock bag, then into a trash bag, then into a plastic bin, then to the back of the closet.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

whoa - what sweatshirt?
Jimmy J

wax&thread

Post by wax&thread »

That Stanley Mouse sweatshirt that made a cameo on the forum a while back. Had the Mouse studios authenticate it. Had to own it after that. I probably paid too much for it, but I loved the content and knew I wouldn't get a second chance at it.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

nice! has mouse contacted you to get photos? I've heard he's been on the hunt to buy back or at least get photos of his old work.
Jimmy J

wax&thread

Post by wax&thread »

I sent pictures when he authenticated the piece. I'd definitely feel comfortable with my purchase if the pics were published at some point. My heart goes pitter pat when I daydream of this unrealistic fantasy. (usually, I'm skipping through an airbrushed meadow with Mouse chasing butterflies wearing the sweatshirt.... what the hell kind of tea have I been drinking?)

Frank

Post by Frank »

wax&thread wrote:I sent pictures when he authenticated the piece. I'd definitely feel comfortable with my purchase if the pics were published at some point. My heart goes pitter pat when I daydream of this unrealistic fantasy. (usually, I'm skipping through an airbrushed meadow with Mouse chasing butterflies wearing the sweatshirt.... what the hell kind of tea have I been drinking?)
Love it!