Talk about anything here.
hermosavtg

Kurt Cobain Worn Captain America Grateful Dead

Post by hermosavtg »

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Kurt Cobain's t-shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Whoa, $2500 It must be the pending Captain America movie hype. Ha. Damn I wish we know about that or they put vintage in the title, it might have gone even higher.

Here's the listing details:

I have had this Shirt in my possesion since 1995. I received it along with other personal items of Kurt's--including one his his Stratocasters that we were able to place at the EMP Museum in Seattle. The history is well documented and can be provided to the high bidder. I will provide information which can be independently verified which will establish this shirt belonged to him and has only been in the possession of one other person with the exception of me. He can also provide details related to the ink stain on the front, which occured while Kurt was wearing it and the circumstances surrounding it. Although perhaps morbid, the story illustrates how intrinsically connected Kurt's writing was to his demons. For 15 years it was in a bag in the back of my store and I planned on framing it but have chosen to sell it to someone who has the interest in properly displaying it..so here it is Nirvana fans.

The shirt has lots of stains and is yellowed. I am sure there is lots of DNA if someone so desired to verify. The tag is worn but I can make out "Made in Ireland" the word "Best" a word that starts with "Stak" and another S word--and of course "Machine Wash"!! To preserve the integrity of these pictures, I have fuzzed one area of the Captain America logo to prevent exact duplication.

Let me know if you have any questions, I reserve the right to end this auction early to the right fan with the right story.
Attachments
Kurt Cobain Captain America T-Shirt
Kurt Cobain Captain America T-Shirt
cap3.jpg (145.37 KiB) Viewed 18602 times
cap2.jpg (112.57 KiB) Viewed 18602 times
cap1.jpg (93.06 KiB) Viewed 18602 times
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Another Cobain worn tee. Story seems believable enough - but of course if this were Pawn Stars they would bring in that slick handwriting expert to verify.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kurt-Cobain-Wor ... 35b5975e2f

:o

This one was allegedly left behind at a Four Seasons hotel in Seattle. Scooped up by an employee and sold on eBay in 2001.
Attachments
Kurt Cobain Rolling Stones Kill Dead Tee
Kurt Cobain Rolling Stones Kill Dead Tee
cobain1.gif (102.64 KiB) Viewed 18464 times
cobain2.gif (92.64 KiB) Viewed 18464 times
Jimmy J

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

I dont know man the handwriting looks kind of different and the duck looks like he's got a day-glo beak instead of yellow blah blah blah... yeah this really needs the pawn stars guy.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Good eye. The day glow thing could have been filtered out in post production to balance the photo for print. Pink on his hawk and shoes are day glow too. But yeah, strange there isn't a close-up of just the writing. I'm gonna ask for one. Still will be hard to compare when the photo of the original is shot on an angle and skewed by Kurt's chest.
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Seller has updated with close-ups! I spoke with him, he wanted to try to prevent anyone from copying it - so that's why he was holding them back.

The Defunkd forensics department has blown-up the high-res photograph of Kurt wearing the t-shirt (right) and sharpened the image for your viewing pleasure.

The t-shirt on the left is the t-shirt for sale.

Here is a bigger version of the side-by-side comparison:

http://www.defunkd.com/images/kurt.jpg

Comments?
Attachments
kurt12.jpg (158.91 KiB) Viewed 18262 times
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Looks like this badboy got 15k....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230679862831

:o
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Sorry....apparently that's the original listing...buyer never paid for it.
Jimmy J

Johnny65

Post by Johnny65 »

If the buyer had paid...the $14,900.00 selling price would have topped the $10K paid a while back for the 1979 Zeppelin Kenbworth. :o
collective [kəˈlɛktɪv]
http://worn75.blogspot.com/