Support for our marketplace which is now defunct.
jimmyj
Site Admin

Suggestions, Improvements and Enhancements?

Post by jimmyj »

Please let us know what type changes you think would make the Collective a better place for buyers and sellers.

Please keep in mind though, we don't have the resources or money eBay does - so items like shipping or listing managers - or other luxuries they offer aren't on the immediate agenda. Remember their bells and whistles are the reason they're fees aren't free like ours.

Here's what we have next in que:

- Operable multiple item shipping discount.
- The ability to search within one store.
- The ability to search only within the blog or forum.
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Re: Suggestions, Improvements and Enhancements?

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

- Once a buyer/seller leaves feedback for their trading partner is it possible to notify the other party to let them know that feedback has been left for them and they should do the same? I'm currently messaging the sellers after I receive the shirt.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Noted....! The whole process should be more obvious...its kinda hidden away right now.
Jimmy J

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

Yup, the seller that I bought my second shirt from had no idea that feedback existed on the collective.

Also, how would you propose to deal with buyers who regularly claim non-receipt of packages or sellers who fail to describe major flaws?

Is it possible to memorize my location and calculate Cost+freight prices for shirts? Sometimes a $25 shirt shipped from the USA works out cheaper for me than a $20 shirt from Malaysia due to shipping, so the lowest price feature isn't much help to me.

BTW, I love the collection feature where we can see everyone's gems. That's probably why most of us joined the site in the first place.
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Ok sellers - we're now working on some enhancements to the system over the next few weeks - so please let us know any other suggestions:

- adding buyers user name and email to the email that goes out once a purchase has been made from your store.

- the system will now also email the buyer automatically with a "Your item has been shipped" once the seller marks an item "completed" in their seller's view.

- we're adding an option to attach a tracking number to the email above.

- improved feedback visibility/prompts - and feedback for buyers?

- maybe some sort of voting system for tees added to the "show" section?

- what else? please remember we have to keep things relatively simple in order to keep the system free. We've received suggestions about shipping calculators - integrated label printing - and some other bells and whistles - but these complex options are what contribute to eBay's continually rising fees. We will always make improvements but some are just out of our league.

KISS - is not just the name of a cool vintage band. It stands for Keep It Simple Sellers!

:D
Jimmy J

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Improvements now live:

1. Marking a sold item "completed" in your sellers view now prompts you to enter an optional tracking number. This number is attached to a "Your Item Has Been Shipped" email that goes out immediately following the completion process.

Sellers, please remember to mark items complete once you ship - even if you don't have a tracking number - the system notifies the buyer via email that the order has been processed and shipped.

Please give us feedback as we have yet to have a chance to test this feature.

2. Pinterest sharing buttons added to all item pages.

3. Better "buy" tab/page that features a bigger array of featured t-shirts.

http://www.defunkd.com/product/buy

4. The system now automatically syncs the pit-to-pit searches no matter how they are entered - ie 18.5 is now viewed the same as 18.50 - whereas previously it was fetching different results.

More to come...
Jimmy J

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

I still keep getting logged out after like 15 minutes of inactivity even when i check the "keep me signed" tab.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I'll pass it along - do you know if you get logged out of both the forum and the marketplace? i've found that sometimes i'm still logged in to the forum but not at the marketplace.
Jimmy J

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

It also happens in the Forums. Thanks jimmy!