Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
amyschaal

Help!

Post by amyschaal »

I am a newbie and I have tried to research some of these t-shirts, but have not been able to find them. I would deeply appreciate any advice. Also, if a t-shirt doesn't have a tag, how should it be listed in terms of conditions?

Vasser Clements '79 Tour: 3/4 sleeves, great condition, no holes, not too thin. I have attached a picture of the tag and the front logo.

Who's Who in Packerland '78: There are a couple of minor stains on the front, also, it fits like the tag should actually be in the front. There are no holes.

YES '79 Tour: There are some minor holes.

Ladies Sewing Circle: It has 1977 listed on the logo, but, the tag looks 80's.
Attachments
Ladies
Ladies
sewsmal.JPG (60.45 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
YES
YES
yessma.JPG (33.62 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
Packerland
Packerland
packsma.JPG (44.76 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
Vasser Tag
Vasser Tag
photo(12).JPG (47.5 KiB) Viewed 2181 times
Vasser Front
Vasser Front
small vas.JPG (49.13 KiB) Viewed 2181 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Help!

Post by jimmyj »

Welcome Amy!

It's possible the sewing t-shirt is 79 - not sure when Jerzees originated, but many copyrights are just on the design, and are printed for years following.

That's a neat shirt though for someone with a sense of humor. Could see it at $30-50

The Yes tee - ebay's most expensive is $300 - yours is cool - but at that price you'll be sitting on it for a while, like all the other eBay tees.

Some football tees can get a premium...but typically in football season when the team is in the playoffs.....so I would price that to sell or wait until next season and hope for a superbowl appearance.

Vassar - super obscure music tee - he does have some action with his closing auctions on eBay. $500 is a little high for someone who's a fan of his - but it's also the only one out there so you never know. Just sit on it for a bit and lower if it doesn't move.

Hope that helps,
Jimmy J