Talk about anything here.
waxandthreads

Guess what can kiss my ass?

Post by waxandthreads »

USPS new International 1st Class shipping rates, that's what!! It's like an 80% increase. Now time to figure out the best way to adjust 2300 items. FML.

oscar

Re: Guess what can kiss my ass?

Post by oscar »

God, I know! What a nightmare! I ate a shit sandwich with all my international orders shipping out the day of the increase.

mrs_stout

Post by mrs_stout »

I had a lot of intl business before the increase and virtually none after. Global economy MY ass.

TIP: T-shirts don't have to ship as a first-class PACKAGE, most often, they can ship as a first-class LARGE ENVELOPE. A 10oz t-shirt to Canada will cost $9.15 as a package vs. $4.35 for a large envelope.

USPS defines a large envelope thus:

Dimension Minimum* Maximum
Height 6-1/8 inches 12 inches
Length 11-1/2 inches 15 inches
Thickness 1/4 inch 3/4 inch
* Large envelopes exceed at least one of these dimensions.

For example, an envelope 10 inches long x 8 inches high x 1/4 inch thick is considered a large envelope because it exceeds the minimum height dimension.

Large envelopes that are rigid, nonrectangular, or not uniformly thick pay package prices.

For large envelopes, length is the longest dimension.

For larger items, see package prices.

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

I used to ship everything via Priority flat rate envelope/small box for $16.95. That went up this year to almost $24! HOWEVER, now first class parcel is available to print online thru ebay so I just switched to that and did not have to raise my prices. Usually I have a little left over even after buying insurance for the parcel.

waxandthreads

Post by waxandthreads »

How about the new International shipping process that Ebay is trying to get sellers to buy into? Ship to their location, then they ship Internationally for you. Sounds terrible to me. Sure you get tracking, but you're required to ship International Priority and declare actual value (massive fees for the buyer). J...maybe you should create a room just for bitching on Defunkd. I'd make it my homepage.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

ugh. i just finished listing some items and the listing module was driving me nuts again. :evil:
Jimmy J

FiftyFiftyMan

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

The new international rates are hurting everyone, from t-shirt sellers to record/cd sellers. International buyers will not only buy less, but in auctions they won't bid up the items either.

The international UPU had a large say in the rate increase from what I read, since countries wanted more $$ from the USPS to handle packages. Also, the USPS was undercutting Canada Post, and many Canadians on the border were shipping to Canada from the US.

Bottom line is going to be less sales in the near term, and possibly long term. I'm just going to have to buy & sell smarter. No more picking up items I think MAY sell. They have to be things I KNOW will sell. Most post 2000 shirts are no longer on my shopping list, even at $1.50, unless they're for myself.