Talk about anything here.
Marbles

Random Showco shirt rant

Post by Marbles »

I am interested in possibly owning some of these shirts. Right now Im not to picky about what band is on the back. I do have a couple issues with these shirts. I will list them
1. They seem to be over priced for the market.
2. Some people write a little story where they got them. Some sound like BS.
3. If I had to Guess six out of ten of these on Ebay is fake. Why?
A. The print is very simple.
B. It seems to be like a smoke and mirror game with the shirt. Most of the attention is spent pointing out what is wrong with the shirt. Instead of the print on it.
C. Most of these pictures of the shirts are horrible. I who in there right mind would spend between 500-3000 for a shirt that is displayed with god awful pictures.
D. See A above first. Anyone with a couple Spruce blanks and a 20$ screen printing kit from the local art store could whip these up.
Im not really sure if I would spend the cash for one of these or just get myself a kit and a couple blanks and save myself a couple hundred/thousand.
Im curious on anybody's thoughts on this....Im torn...A Legit one would be cool. But, I would hate to pony up some cash for someone elses mischievous project.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Random Showco shirt rant

Post by jimmyj »

hah. I don't think I've ever had one in my possession. Definitely have appeal to a certain niche - and haven't as of yet noticed lots of fakes.

Buy one from this guy and you'll be safe:

http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2012/01/28/ ... case-pt-1/
Jimmy J

Marbles

Re: Random Showco shirt rant

Post by Marbles »

Yeh, I would think no worries with him. I read that article. I dont think he sells any..