Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
cokenner

SCREEN STARS Navy T-Shirt

Post by cokenner »

Have another find. I had read some counterfeit information on this brand and was wondering if someone could help me authenticate it. Also some pointers on keywords/era for eBay posting would be great! Thanks in advance!
Attachments
DSCN7785.JPG (96.86 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
DSCN7784.JPG (58.02 KiB) Viewed 3811 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: SCREEN STARS Navy T-Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Looks fine. That post we did on the fake screen stars caused a wee bit of paranoia - chances are if you're plucking SS tees from a thrift store you're safe. If you're buying t-shirts from eBay where the seller is based in Thailand, just have to be a little cautious and study the SS tag in question.

That's Bill the Goat - seems to be the one mascot for all the Navy sports teams.

keywords: Bill the Goat navy naval military army vintage t-shirt

good luck!
Jimmy J

cokenner

Post by cokenner »

Thank you again for the speedy/informative reply!

Just wondering in the keywords; considering it's a Navy shirt why would I included army? Because of the rivalry? Sorry to question your post I'm just curious.

Cheers!!

CK

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

people put out various searches for vintage military goods. with so many characters allowed in the title these days, might as well throw it in for good measure.

But beware though, the curse of the yellow t-shirt. For many years I've found it to be the least popular colour.
Jimmy J