Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
teeotaku

SUPER HORRIBLE EBAY SELLER: BEWARE!!!

Post by teeotaku »

To anyone that shops for vintage t-shirts on ebay:
Be careful this is what happened to me.
I made a purchase with the following description:
"AWESOME AUCTION!!! 50 AUTHENTIC VINTAGE 1970S 1980S TSHIRTS. THIS LOT INCLUDES CONCERT TOUR TEES AND RINGER TEES. ALL DIFFERENT SIZES AND MATERIAL IS 50/50. THIS IS A GREAT LOT FOR RESALE!!!! ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER AUCTIONS...GREAT LOTS AND GREAT ITEMS. HAPPY HOLIDAYS" with two photos picturing the top of a pile of t-shirts.
What I received:
I did get 50 t-shirts, but...20 were from the 90's. Come one, these tees were clearly dated in the 90s and the tags are giveaways. 14 were 100% cotton (not problem, but know the difference).
What erks me:
-The description wrote "50 authentic vintage 1970s 1980s tshirts", so I would expect ALL the shirts to be from those time periods. The description was written in a form of a sentence, but were really just key words. They totally misrepresented the listing.
For owning their own store, one would think that they would take more pride in knowing (t-shirt age/material) what they're selling. Along with having some ethics.
Thanks for reading my rant.
Just be aware of these people.
Again be careful on ebay.
Last edited by teeotaku on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:59 am, edited 6 times in total.

CRAZYBUBBA

Re: SUPER HORRIBLE EBAY SELLER: BEWARE!!!

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

Did you talk to the seller about this?
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah what do they have to say about it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0462791606

You left positive feedback too!

good.
papatshirt ( 36 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )
Jan-04-10 20:06
AWESOME LOT OF 50 VINTAGE TSHIRTS CONCERT TOUR 70S-80S (#320462791606) US $102.50 View Item
Jimmy J

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

jimmyj wrote:Yeah what do they have to say about it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 0390522906

You left positive feedback too!

good.
papatshirt ( 36 [Feedback score is 10 to 49] )
Jan-04-10 20:06
AWESOME LOT OF 50 VINTAGE TSHIRTS CONCERT TOUR 70S-80S (#320462791606) US $102.50 View Item
lol. Buyer beware! Especially when you are bidding on a mystery grab bag of "70's AND 80's SHIRTS"

If youre so unhappy file an item not as described dispute through Paypal. This will get the sellers attention.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Yeah "lots" can be dodgy, unless it's clearly labeled whats in them. Especially if they're offered by a seller of vintage, if the stuff in there is half decent, they would sell it individually.

Having said that....I'm putting together a lot right now! (with clearly labeled contents ;) )
Jimmy J

teeotaku

Post by teeotaku »

I left good feedback for them because I didn't want bad feedback given to me. I didn't complain about the purchase. I will just eat it, and learn from this experience.

teeotaku

Post by teeotaku »

I did not know that I could file a claim through paypal for item not as described. I guess its too late now because I left the "good" feedback for them. This situation is gonna bug me for the next week or two. Dang. Dang. Dang.

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

Teeotaku, sellers CANNOT leave negative feedback for buyers!

Also, you can open the item not as described dispute through paypal within 45 days of the transaction date. So if you are still sore after this transaction you can go ahead and open the claim through paypal.

teeotaku

Post by teeotaku »

Thanks for the information. I was totally unaware. I will try to resolve with the seller first.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I have noticed a lot of buyers don't know that sellers can't leave negatives. Probably a good thing, the ones that do know are much more difficult to deal with. Not one of my favorite changes to eBay. :?
Jimmy J