Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
thebadtwin

Dr. J. Jones and The Interns T Shirt (Aerosmith Pseudonym)

Post by thebadtwin »

Hey all. I have a rare Dr. J. Jones and the Interns t shirt. Aerosmith played less than 10 shows with this pseudonym in 78 and 79 to record gigs in smaller venues at a time when they could pack a stadium. I could use some advice on how to price this tee and whether my etsy shop or ebay would be a better sales avenue. Thanks!
Attachments
Dr. J. Jones and The Interns T Shirt (Aerosmith Pseudonym)
t shirt 6 033b.jpg (70.23 KiB) Viewed 8283 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Dr. J. Jones and The Interns T Shirt (Aerosmith Pseudonym)

Post by jimmyj »

Cool - I'll post this via our FB page to get more feedback.
Jimmy J

thebadtwin

Post by thebadtwin »

Thanks a lot!

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

I think this shirt is quite valuable and I would probably list it at around $500 or best offer.

I have a similar shirt that is for the Rolling Stones - they used to bill as "The Cockroaches" for secret shows back in the mid to late 70s.

The problem with these shirts is that they are almost too rare and it will take a diehard (and very knowledgeable) fan to buy it. Even some diehard Stones fans that I know had never heard of the Cockroaches. It's one that you might sit on for awhile, but when it goes the payout should be pretty good.

thebadtwin

Post by thebadtwin »

Thanks for your thoughts Maxvintage. I agree this t-shirt is rare and valuable. I think advertising it as an Aerosmith tee would quell any worries of that Dr. J. Jones and the Interns would go unnoticed. Wish me luck I've got a lot of tees to sell.