Help build a resource for vintage t-shirt brands by discussing and posting photos of old labels.
riverinmotion

Logo 7 tag

Post by riverinmotion »

Hi! I'm new at collecting vintage shirts. I bought a Cleveland Browns sweater that has a Logo 7 tag. When I looked at the material, it only says 50% cotton. Can you please let me know the reason for this? Any response is greatly appreciated

mrs_stout

Re: Logo 7 tag

Post by mrs_stout »

riverinmotion wrote:Hi! I'm new at collecting vintage shirts. I bought a Cleveland Browns sweater that has a Logo 7 tag. When I looked at the material, it only says 50% cotton. Can you please let me know the reason for this? Any response is greatly appreciated
Hi -- It's probably 50% Cotton/50% Polyester, but could you upload a photo of the tag? This way, we'll have a visual so we can possibly offer a more definitive answer.

riverinmotion

Post by riverinmotion »

Thank you so much for the reply.

Here's a picture that I've taken.. because the fabric material info is stitched at the upper portion of the tag that's why it's hard to see it. Looking into this, i was thinking maybe it says 100% cotton but the ink just faded and showed 50%? just my wild guess..thanks again!
Attachments
Logo 7 tag
logo 7 front.jpg (70.01 KiB) Viewed 10763 times
Logo 7 tag
logo 7 tag2.jpg (47.93 KiB) Viewed 10763 times
Logo 7 tag
logo 7 tag.jpg (41.6 KiB) Viewed 10763 times

mrs_stout

Post by mrs_stout »

I don't think a "100" would change into "50" from fading :D

Seriously, I'd be willing to bet a chunk of change that the "50% Polyester" part was stitched up into the fabric under the top tag.

riverinmotion

Post by riverinmotion »

lol of course, you're right, mrs_stout.

Thanks again for taking time to reply back. Have a great day!

mrs_stout

Post by mrs_stout »

riverinmotion wrote:lol of course, you're right, mrs_stout.

Thanks again for taking time to reply back. Have a great day!
No problem, just j/k with you :)

Enjoy your evening!

FiftyFiftyMan

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

From 14 years of selling, sweaters rarely sell as easy as t-shirts or jerseys, unless it's a popular older logo (i.e. an 80's Broncos sweater). The Browns pretty much kept the same logo & color scheme in their second incarnation as the Browns, however they have a passionate fan base. The best time to sell will be soon before the season starts and as colder weather is just around the corner. Fixed price may be your best bet. And as usual, the larger the size, the easier the sell. As will sweaters with classic helmet designs (as opposed to logo text only).

PS: Excess lint can be a deal-killer with sweaters. Remove as much as possible.

Good luck.

riverinmotion

Post by riverinmotion »

When I asked this question earlier, I honestly think that I will not get any answer. So I was very happy when mrs_stout gave me her opinion about my question. Now, I got tips from FiftyFiftyMan, who's a veteran at this. Thank you so much..you just don't know how much that meant to a newbie like me.

PS..my lint roller will be working overtime soon :)