Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
maxvintage

Ebay Bootlegger - b-sidesvintage

Post by maxvintage »

There is a pretty decent bootlegger who has shown up on ebay in recent days. In the past year I've seen these same graphics recycled on several vintage blanks of all shapes and sizes. Some are real graphics that were used in the 70s/80s - which makes this a little scarier than usual.

If you look closely enough, you will see a lot of beat up shirts with pristine graphics. Clearly, he is printing on old blanks.

I've reported this seller and ask that you do the same. The more of these out there, the more of a headache it becomes to all of us.

Seller is b-sidesvintage: http://www.ebay.com/usr/b-sidesvintage? ... 7675.l2559

Link to report: http://ocs.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Re ... =1&state=1

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Ebay Bootlegger - b-sidesvintage

Post by jimmyj »

Why is there so much evil in the world.

:cry:
Jimmy J

Inmind

Post by Inmind »

That’s a bummer, good eye Max. I’ve reported 3 of his items and mentioned that all of his items are bootlegs

Retro

Post by Retro »

I feel this deserves an obligatory bump only because I just looked at his sold listings and this dude is making bank for a blank. I wonder if there is anything else we can do aside from reporting his items?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

I've reported several of the items. Need more people to participate - or maybe they have! We know from a past experiment eBay reports don't have much effect:

ebay-advice-f18/ebay-report-item-experi ... 18-10.html

Can anyone who has reported please speak up? Thanks!

We've grown so tired of fraudsters on eBay and eBay's lackluster approach to preventing it. :cry:
Jimmy J

maxvintage

Post by maxvintage »

I reported a bunch of his shirts today. I strongly urge others to do the same. Some of the newer vintage shirts he is selling are real, but the older ones are clear fakes - but very well done.

We've got to get this guy off ebay. The more of these that circulate the worse off we all are.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

ebay is a joke. :x Reported more. Looks to be mostly the one color designs?

Can everyone please post in here and let us know if you've participated in reporting.
Jimmy J

Retro

Post by Retro »

I am almost considering buying one of his shirts and leaving a negative feedback informing others of the bootlegs..with how little feedback he has right now that would be crippling. Can't really think of much else that would be effective since the reporting clearly isn't doing anything.

itsallgood

Post by itsallgood »

Negative feedback does not hurt as much as a positive with one star ratings.