Chat about leather, denim, gabardine, corduroy and souvenir here.
CRAZYBUBBA

Can some one tell me about Patagonia?

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I know that Patagonia fleeces with the "big tag" sell for alot but I'm not sure what's special about them or what time period they were made in.

Can someone shed some light?
Have vintage Elvis tees? Let me know!

Frank

Re: Can some one tell me about Patagonia?

Post by Frank »

They used to be of very high quality and are sought after by various granola heads and grad school hipster types- as well as frat boys. The newer stuff (ie smaller label) is not as rugged and of cheaper quality. (see also The North Face)

I always look out for Synchilla jackets- the Japanese love those! They are brighly colored fleece jackets from the early 80s. Urban Outfitters partnered with Patagonia last year to re-release these effectively cutting the value of vintage jackets in half or more :evil:

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

I see racks full of those funny bright fleece pullovers and jackets at flea markets. I think they are not as popular anymore with the Japanese buyers. Like most everything the japanese buy: I don't get it, you're TRYING to look like a Fraggle Rock?

OhSoFresh

Post by OhSoFresh »

I just sold a Vintage Patagonia Capilene for a pretty decent price, but yes the Patagonia Synchilla Fleeces are always solid sellers on ebay. Other then Vintage, any Patagonia Capilenes or Performance Baselayers always sell for $20+, so if you can pick them up, you never leave them behind.

/\ older Capilene Tag

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

Hermosa, I'd rather wear the "Fraggle Rock" fleeces than this:

It's actually in a men's size XL. The fleeces are definitely some of Patagonia's finer work.
Attachments
Front View
Front View
Patagonia.JPG (46.96 KiB) Viewed 11360 times
Last edited by CRAZYBUBBA on Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hermosavtg

Post by hermosavtg »

CRAZYBUBBA wrote:Hermosa, I'd rather wear the "Fraggle Rock" fleeces than this
Wow, that square pocket the perfect place for my uh, CD jewel case or uh, insulin pump? :lol:

Here's another fine piece of work from patagonia i have on the auction block this week:

I also picked up a few Patagonia fleeces this week. They are pretty comfy and warm, i dig. But they are not the extreme Grover Muppet fuzz that is Synchilla.

CRAZYBUBBA

Post by CRAZYBUBBA »

I think it was custom made for Flava Flav's giant alarm clock. :roll:

Your shirt is really nice. I like the Aloha/paisley print. I had no idea that Patagonia made Aloha shirts.