Talk about anything here.
jimmyj
Site Admin

Is Italy Shipping Safe Now? What's unsafe?

Post by jimmyj »

The last few years I've cringed with every shipment to Italy, but all have arrived safely. This was after many years of having them vanish into a vortex.

Seems like it's safe now...?

What locations are giving you guys issues in recent years?
Jimmy J

cokenner

Re: Is Italy Shipping Safe Now? What's unsafe?

Post by cokenner »

I've shipped to Italy I'd say 8 to 10 times within the past 3 years with no problems. Really anywhere I've shipped internationally I have little to no issue, except for some language barriers.

waxandthreads

Post by waxandthreads »

We accidentally cleared our blocked country list and have sold a bunch of stuff to Italy, Russia and some countries I've never heard of. Was a little worried, but everything arrived. I feel like the increased business of shipping everywhere more than makes up for the occasional loss. We've had way more packages lost shipping within the US (with tracking) than Internationally.

stage1dave

Post by stage1dave »

I've had two problems this spring shipping to Thailand & Singapore; both CPS tracked packages.

(I also sold several singles, & these untracked items shipped "small packet" showed up within two weeks; no issues)

Tracked package to Thailand (6 t's) took over TWO MONTHS to arrive, & provoked a row between myself, Ebay, & PayPal that is still ongoing! They don't make it easy for a seller with their "buyer protection policies", but I notice this stuff has been covered in a couple other threads. (and elsewhere!)

After several calls to Canada Post, I was informed that several Asian countries "lock out" CP from their own tracking data, so an "investigation" must be initiated in order to obtain this info.

I was also informed by CP (over the phone & at the counter) that it's much faster & cheaper to use the small packet service to this corner of the world.

FWIW, I haven't had any issues shipping to Europe.