Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
stage1dave

Bart Simpson & Led Zeppelin t's

Post by stage1dave »

OK, at least this stuff is VINTAGE! Need some info on origin on both of these...

The first is a MIC Backstage Pass t; size youth L. I can find no year and/or CR stamp on this t, front or back.

(I should mention that Backstage Pass was frequently in the habit of printing these watermarks in a size-& colour-that would drive an eagle to a microscope...I have a couple Cult tour t's where this info literally needs to be looked for with a magnifying glass)

Regardless, all the prints I see on the 'net imply a 1993 date; some have just the front print, a couple vendors state that they are "tour merchandise" with the back print?

I'm curious about year of manufacture because this t looks brand new, the metallic gold shows no wear whatsoever. Perhaps just thrown in a drawer & forgotten about? It has a Backstage Pass tag, btw.

The second is a fairly common Simpson's t, but it shows "manufactured in Canada" below the watermarks which I've never seen before. Plus or minus as far as value?

The damned tag is missing, which kinda sux. Feels like 100% cotton, FWIW.

Any feedback/opinions welcome!
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Bart Simpson & Led Zeppelin t's

Post by jimmyj »

We currently have the Bart shirt listed:

http://www.defunkd.com/product/JI141135 ... groening-l

but doesn't have the MIC print.

What tag is on the Zep? That design is getting repro'd:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Led-Zeppelin-Me ... 20df34f72c

and there's a vintage one that only sold for $25.
Jimmy J

stage1dave

Post by stage1dave »

Backstage Pass tag on the Zep t
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Vintage indeed. But based on recent listings....not a very sought after print. Youth size doesn't help...or the repros. :(
Jimmy J

stage1dave

Post by stage1dave »

That's what I'm lookin for! :D

May have posted this in the wrong forum, but with the confusion that repro's always generate I'm more concerned with it being "vintage". As well,the actual origin of some of the artwork on these t's is always interesting. (to me, anyway)

Been a while since I could get into this one, unfortunately; but it sure is a cool shirt!

Given the sizing, for a sale I'd probably have to find a 12 yr old LZ fan with a few bux in his pocket? :roll: