Ask advice and get tips from expert vintage sellers and buyers.
jimmyj
Site Admin

Malay/Thai Buyers w/US Addresses

Post by jimmyj »

After posting a ton of Harley tees about 5 sold to buyers whose accounts say based in Malaysia or Thailand - yet have U.S. mailing addresses. Seems to be great as now we don't have to risk sending there - although - I'm still not convinced this was a postal issue.

(When I asked two Defunkd shop owners based in Malaysia if they ever had incoming packages go missing they said it was extremely rare.)

Anyhoot, of the purchases just made - I've had to open two NPB cases. So while we may have dodged the lost/stolen shirts issue - looks like the joy bidders have found a new way to strike!

On a side note - this seems like it would be a good little side biz - accepting deliveries for t-shirt fanatics in these two countries.
Jimmy J

waxandthreads

Re: Malay/Thai Buyers w/US Addresses

Post by waxandthreads »

We've seen a bunch of those lately too. We love them. All the safety of domestic shipping but to an International Market (even though I can't even remember when our last missing International package was). We used to accept packages for Malay customers. They would have their packages sent to us and we'd put them all together and send them over combined. Never charged them anything, but it was an unspoken agreement that a couple purchases from us were necessary for every shipment. Everybody wins.

itsallgood

Post by itsallgood »

Yeah it's nice. Someone needs to set up a thing like "Shop Airlines" like Japan has.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Update to this..all buyers ended up paying.
Jimmy J

itsallgood

Post by itsallgood »

8-)