Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
Mgod80

Real clash of the Titans tour shirt?

Post by Mgod80 »

Hi, sorry I know lots of posts but I would appreciate any help. This according to the seller is a deadstock 1991 clash of the titans tour shirt. When I got it there little to no cracks or specks etc. The shirt is not stretched and had a "new old" shirt smell. The shirt is about 28 inches from top to bottom. All graphics are shinny and crisp. The brand is Sonaka & I've only seen one other shirt from them before. The seller is a top rated etsy seller and has lots of rare shirts & has gotten great feedback. Reason I ask about this shirt is due to the fact the seller sells a lot of deadstock vintage clothing. Got this for $90 after the seller put it on sale from $150. I'm assuming it didn't sell and the seller has their own store.
Attachments
image.jpg (10.96 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
image.jpg (20.56 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
image.jpg (19.89 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
image.jpg (9.42 KiB) Viewed 5106 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Real clash of the Titans tour shirt?

Post by jimmyj »

Can you give us a link to the seller's shop? We used to carry tons of deadstock - it isn't necessarily a red flag for a dishonest seller. The tag I'm not familiar with.

Worst cast scenario it might be a parking lot bootleg - as I'm not familiar with all the clash prints - although it's along the same lines as other's I've seen. but definitely vintage. I wouldn't worry about it.
Jimmy J

Mgod80

Post by Mgod80 »

Sure mainly what made me guess is that the back has a heart cartoon image for a show this "heavy" it just doesn't fit I can't find anyone with this shirt on t-shirt slayer & the fact the seller has loads of deadlock shirts made me guess the stores link is this one here's a link to a death dead stock shirt I've never seen before

https://www.etsy.com/listing/169268603/ ... _gallery_1

Mgod80

Post by Mgod80 »

Mgod80

Post by Mgod80 »

Found out it's a bootleg I asked some old metalheads I've bought shirts from over the years & some stated a few stated some friends had the same one but it wasn't official merch sold during the tour thank you nonetheless your expertise was spot on