Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
TimeForMemories

Value ideas? Awesome 1986 Roger Clemens Ringer Tee

Post by TimeForMemories »

Looking for any thoughts on value for this amazing Roger Clemens ringer shirt I found! I have an idea of what I'm going to list it for, but wanted to make sure I'm not too low. I don't mind if I'm too high because I think this one is a rare find! :D

The copyright date on it is 1986, it's a great size at vintage XL and is in excellent condition with just one smaller-than-pea-sized faint stain.

Thanks in advance for any ideas on value!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Value ideas? Awesome 1986 Roger Clemens Ringer Tee

Post by jimmyj »

Cool. Has a few knocks against it tho - ringers still not as popular at plain tees...and Rogers rep has taken a beating in recent years -although maybe Bosox fans dont care. Caricatures are hot so try for $100 with offers. Prob come closer to $50.
Jimmy J

TimeForMemories

Post by TimeForMemories »

I was thinking the same thing about his rep recently and also that old school Sox fans may still dig him anyways. He did a lot for their team for sure. Thanks again for the thoughts, Jimmy!

FiftyFiftyMan

Post by FiftyFiftyMan »

Yeah, this is one you have to do a fixed price on (as opposed to an auction), as it may take a while to find the right buyer. If he gets into the HOF, it would bump up the value, but the baseball writers aren't likely to give him that honor. He and his memorabilia values are in the same boat as Barry Bonds, with Alex Rodriguez getting ready to join them.