Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
JohnMc

Nirvana Nevermind concert shirt

Post by JohnMc »

s-l500.jpg (26.57 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
Hi i'm wondering what this Nirvana Nevermind concert shirt is worth (if it's real)?
Attachments
s-l500 (2).jpg (28.54 KiB) Viewed 3869 times
s-l500 (1).jpg (11.53 KiB) Viewed 3869 times

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Nirvana Nevermind concert shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Absolutely real. One recently sold for $300. Might not get that much but a couple hundred should come easily.
Jimmy J

JohnMc

Post by JohnMc »

How do you know this is authentic? There is an identical shirt selling on defunct right now for $500 with a totally different tag and without the copyright. Which one is authentic? I see this exact shirt pretty regularly with various shirt tags...

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

There's two different tags. One Wild Oats and one Screen Stars Premium. Both of which were tags from the 90s. Copyrights don't really insure something is legit - because a bootlegger will just include the copyright line. The one without the copyright may have been produced further into the 90s.

Many band prints appear on all types of blanks/tags. At one point brockum was the licensee - perhaps that contract expired or their arrangement only covered a certain geographical area. Sometimes a band will print tees where their tours are rather than carry around massive quantities of inventory.

I just realized you're using photos from Stormcrow's listing on Defunkd. He's a very trusted seller. As are all of our vendors.
Jimmy J