Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
jscotto

Quilmes Beer Ringer

Post by jscotto »

Hi,
First post here. I acquired this Quilmes ringer t-shirt from a local thrift store a few months ago. Doing a little research, I discovered it is the most popular beer in Argentina. Also, they sponsor the Argentine national futbol team. The shirt is in excellent condition...no holes, stains, etc. Some pilling. Looks like it was made in Argentina. No mention of the fabric. My guess is a cotton/poly blend. Size XXL.

So, my questions are:
1. Any idea of the age of the t-shirt?
2. Any idea what price to ask?
3. Any info on the tag brand?
4. Lastly, has anyone had this beer?
Attachments
Quilmes beer Argentina ringer invisible

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Quilmes Beer Ringer

Post by jimmyj »

Thanks for sharing. XXLs werent very common in the 80s so would say at least 90s but suspect 2000+ when ringers came back for a short time.

Certainly the beer is old enough to have a vintage following...but I've never heard of or consumed any. :( Perhaps they'll be a US based fan that had it while on vacation. But given I think its relatively new (even has the manufacured fade/wear on the print) I dont think much value here.

What is the pit to pit measurement?

Also never heard of Invisible t shirt brand. But probably becausr its local to Argentina.
Jimmy J

jscotto

Post by jscotto »

Thanks for the reply. Wish there were more info on the tag itself. I'll have to do a little more searching on the brand.

Here are the dimensions:
Pit to Pit: 22"
Front Collar to Bottom Hem: 25.5"
Rear Collar to Bottom Hem: 27.5"
Shoulder to Arm Hem: 7.5"
Arm Opening: 7"

I may need to take a stop at Total Wine this weekend and see if they carry this brand. ;)

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

hmmm well it certainly doesnt follow the 2000s XXL. But likely a more petitet/trim society.
Jimmy J