Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
joema125

Vintage 1976 Bicentennial T-shirt

Post by joema125 »

Hello everybody! I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide an estimate on what they think this shirt is worth. It doesn’t appear to have been worn but I'm not certain. The blue and red are still pretty vibrant and their texture is somewhat coarse (and the cotton is still very soft). I was hoping with 4th of July around the corner, this shirt has some added relevance (value!) not to mention the ‘love & peace’ theme which is a nice reminder based on the recent events flooding the front pages these days ;) thanks all!
Attachments
T Shirt Front
T Shirt Front
Front.jpg (33.35 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
T Shirt Front Close Up
T Shirt Front Close Up
Front Close Up.jpg (46.74 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
T Shirt Tag 1
T Shirt Tag 1
Tag 1.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
T Shirt Tag 2
T Shirt Tag 2
Tag 2.jpg (42.15 KiB) Viewed 5775 times
T Shirt Back
T Shirt Back

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: ego-trix hidaco Vintage 1976 Bicentennial T-shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Hello and welcome!

Beauty of a tee! and a brand ive never seen before. having said that...it looks to be very slim....which will take many of those who would wear it out of the mix. It also looks like it may be deadstock....and 100 cotton means it could turn out even smaller after a wash/dry.

Id try pricing at 100 with offers...see what rolls in. youve prob. missed the boat on any july 4 customers though - but not sure that would give you too much of a boost.
Jimmy J

TimeForMemories

Re: Vintage 1976 Bicentennial T-shirt

Post by TimeForMemories »

Looks like the tag was sewn over top of an older, partially removed tag, wasn't it? Does that raise a flag at all with this one or no?

joema125

Post by joema125 »

Thanks jimmyj! It is very slim and it does look like it will shrink, unfortunately. I appreciate the feedback greatly, thank you very much!

TimeForMemories – I noticed that with the tag too but wasn’t sure if that was the result of poor craftsmanship or it being re-sewn as you mentioned. I tried googling Hidaco and nothing pops up about the company (figured I might be able to date them, etc.), just ebay links to red vintage tank tops.

Anyhow, both very helpful and thank you for your time!

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

Didnt notice that other tag. Good eye. But I dont think it has any effect. Remember Brockum was just Fruit of the Loom tees with Brockum sewn in. I think some tee companies used 3rd party blanks.
Jimmy J

RebootRegalia

Post by RebootRegalia »

jimmyj wrote:Didnt notice that other tag. Good eye. But I dont think it has any effect. Remember Brockum was just Fruit of the Loom tees with Brockum sewn in. I think some tee companies used 3rd party blanks.
I have a shirt with similar tags, sewn in over a pre-existing tag that looks awfully similar. Were you able to find any other info regarding your shirt?
Attachments