Upload a photo of a vintage tee and a description of its condition and let the community appraise it.
Forum rules
We've authored a very detailed appraisal guide you can view here: http://www.defunkd.com/blog/2014/04/28/ ... e-t-shirt/
Ashley88

Jimi Hendrix Shirt Track Records Tie Dye

Post by Ashley88 »

Hello! So I picked up this awesome shirt today! The tag has been cut out unfortunately and I can't find any info on it other than the small washed out label in the corner. It looks like it says something "records" possibly "reprise records". If anyone has any type of info on this please let me know I'm so lost and so Inlove with it. Xo - Ashley
Attachments
vintage tie dye jimi hendrix t-shirt
vintage tie dye jimi hendrix t-shirt
Jimi Hendrix Shirt Track Records Tie Dye
Last edited by Ashley88 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ashley88

Re: Jimi Hendrix Concert Shirt

Post by Ashley88 »

Also, after some research last night I found that the bottom tags says "Track Records" super cool!! That's all I can't find though I am at a dead end.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: Jimi Hendrix Concert Shirt

Post by jimmyj »

Very cool tee. Given Track Records called it quits in 1978 - this is probably a product of the new millennium - as they fired up the label again in 1999. So it's not super old, but definitely a nice tee - and very mosquitohead-esque - likely sell pretty well.

What is the pit to pit measurement?
Jimmy J

Ashley88

Re: Jimi Hendrix Shirt Track Records Tie Dye

Post by Ashley88 »

Thank you so much for your time! Awesome, very cool. Pit to pit 19". I own a vintage clothing store what should I price it at? Thank you again! -Ashley

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

You might have better luck online with the demand for modquitohead tees - this looks very familiar to their style. Do you use eBay?
Jimmy J

Ashley88

Post by Ashley88 »

Yes I do, my store in on Etsy!

Ashley88

Post by Ashley88 »

What should I lost it for? What would you pay for it?

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

No harm in starting high at $499 and see if you get nibbles. And slowly brining the price down. There's still a chance this is late 80s 90s. Hard to know without seeing the tag - and Im not super familiar with these types of tees. Its not mosquitohead but certainly has the same style - and apparently there were copy cats in the same era - a Jersey company called "Necessities" also had the tie dye thing going on.
Jimmy J

Ashley88

Post by Ashley88 »

Thank you so much for all your help! Jimmy you are the best! - Ashley xoxo