Upload a photo and let the community weigh in on the authenticity of your t-shirt.
SpiderMunn

92 Lithuania Tie Dye Grateful Dead Shirts

Post by SpiderMunn »

I know they made a few reprints in the 2000s, which are easy to identify as they have a newer date on them or a webpage link. I suspect some fake ones are being passed off as the real deal, which are being manufactured in Thailand.

My question is were there multiple different prints in 92, these shirts differ in pattern slightly, all are single stitch, some are liquid blue/fruit of the loom/NFA. anvil tags seem like a later print due to the tags. I've noticed some say 'Greg Speirs' on the ball and on the back, while other seemingly original ones don't. The rule seems to be Liquid Blue has Greg Speirs on the back and front, while FotL just has it on the front.
Attachments

jimmyj
Site Admin

Re: 92 Lithuania Tie Dye Grateful Dead Shirts

Post by jimmyj »

Yup, and I believe are reprinted them recently too.

Good eye and great question, lemme see if I can reach out to an expert on this for an explanation. Maybe one is the OG print.
Jimmy J

SpiderMunn

Post by SpiderMunn »

jimmyj wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:14 am Yup, and I believe are reprinted them recently too.

Good eye and great question, lemme see if I can reach out to an expert on this for an explanation. Maybe one is the OG print.
I appreciate that, they've been something that I've had my eye on for years, and I would like to pull the trigger on one when I find one that fits and is the earliest print.

jimmyj
Site Admin

Post by jimmyj »

SpiderMunn wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:39 am
jimmyj wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:14 am Yup, and I believe are reprinted them recently too.

I appreciate that, they've been something that I've had my eye on for years, and I would like to pull the trigger on one when I find one that fits and is the earliest print.
Sorry, haven't been able to get in touch with him yet.
Jimmy J

SpiderMunn

Post by SpiderMunn »

jimmyj wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:43 am
SpiderMunn wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:39 am

Sorry, haven't been able to get in touch with him yet.
No prob